1) Cut out stocking front and back from fleece.
2) On the stocking front, draw a rectangle (Fig 1), ½" x 7½".
3) Cut rectangle out of fleece along lines.
4) Center zipper underneath cut-out. HAND BASTE around zipper, ¼" from cut edge.
5) Set stitch length to 8 stitches per inch (3.5mm). Stitch around zipper, pivoting at corners.
6) After installing zipper, straight stitch, zig zag or blanket stitch appliques such as snowmen, trees or toes & heels on stocking front.
7) Stitch stocking front and back together.
8) Encase upper edge in bias tape, folding under ends at zipper.
9) Form a loop of bias tape and attach to seam of stocking for hanging.